September 21, 2020
NEWS FROM W.E.C. LINES: LAUNCH OF NEW DIRECT EXPRESS SERVICE MOERDIJK TO AND FROM BILBAO
W.E.C. LINES will offer as from 24th of October 2020 a new direct container service between the ports of Moerdijk and Bilbao. W.E.C. LINES is the first shipping line that will connect Spain with Moerdijk with a direct service that simultaneously connects to further destinations in the U.K., Norway, Germany, and Poland.
W.E.C. Lines are responding to market demands for a more reliable logistics solution whereby Bilbao is connected via fast intermodal solutions to the important logistic hubs of Zaragoza, Valencia, Madrid, and Barcelona.
W.E.C. Lines chooses the Port of Moerdijk due to its strategic location between Rotterdam and Antwerp as well as the excellent shortsea- and intermodal connections to the hinterland.
W.E.C. Lines has its own offices across Spain, and years of experience in this market as shortsea carrier from and to the Iberian Peninsula.
The departure from Moerdijk is each Saturday to arrive and discharge the cargo in Bilbao on Tuesday whereby cargo is available for delivery throughout Spain prior to the weekend. The departure from Bilbao is on Wednesdays and will arrive in Moerdijk on Saturday mornings.
• Moerdijk (CCT) – Bilbao (CSP) direct served with a transit time of 3 days.
• Via Bilbao – intermodal connections to and from Zaragoza-Barcelona-Valencia-Madrid
• Via Moerdijk – Thamesport-Immingham-Teesport and Blyth in the UK as well as Norway Oslo,
Moss and Kristiansand via shortsea
• Via Moerdijk – direct intermodal connections with rail and barge to the hinterland in Netherlands,
Germany, and Poland.
• Well established reliable shortsea service
For more information and rate requests on this new service kindly contact our sales departments in our local agencies via www.weclines.com